#OWS Daily Roundup: September 21
Here’s a digest of today’s news from Liberty Plaza:
- Details of brutal police treatment of occupier Mariel Moshiri were published this evening. The occupier was released this afternoon after being arrested during Tuesday’s police action. She was let go “after 28 harrowing hours in police custody. Her detainment included being moved to 3 different jails and a trip to Belleview Hospital.” She was repeatedly denied her medication, food and water, and kept in painful conditions by NYPD.
- In all, four people were arrested today by the NYPD for various offences during a march on Wall Street, including refusing an order to change direction on a protest march and refusing a police order when told not to stand on a public sidewalk.
- One communiqué was released this morning by the camp.
- Two general assemblies were held over the course of the day today. During the 1pm assembly, an occupier reported receiving support for the movement from Noam Chomsky, who is currently on a speaking tour in Europe.
- Members of the IWW’s New York General Membership Branch visited the protest this afternoon to express solidarity.
9/21 22:02 - 25 notes